Saturday, March 15, 2014

Converting A Cave Bat

While my mind is still focused on the enrapture of light, I reflect.

I sit cross-legged, staring at an illuminated computer screen on my bed; an uncertain ray of light spills out onto my bed from my window through the break in the wall of curtain hanging in place to hinder such rays. The little leak of light lands on my face. The curtain moves a fraction and the ray finds my eyes.


Sigh.


Blinded.


Yes, I'm a cave bat.


I back away from the light as to open my eyes, reach forward and reassert the curtain's former light-countering posture.

I sit back and continue on.

My eyebrows furrow, my nose crinkles, and I can't help but laugh , then, as I read in my Bible later on.

The city had no need of the sun or 

of the moon to shine in it,

for the glory of God illuminated it.

The Lamb is its light.

Revelation 21:23

Huh.... God's very presence is light.

Yeah I better suck it up. 
I immediately rush to the curtains, then and throw them apart.  
Consider me persuaded.



God's Glory over  Lake Champlain, NewYork
 Lamar enjoying some sun.