Sunday, April 6, 2014

Scratch That; Reverse It.


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


Once in a while, I have so much time and so little to do.

No....Wait-
Scratch that; reverse it. 

I have so much to do, and so little time. 
Ah- Much better. 


If  you're like me, you get overwhelmed by having a lot to do and a little time to do it all. 

I think they call what ensues...Chaos.
I would call it that, for I get thrown into a frenzy and don't know where to begin, so habitually, I don't. 
It's a habit I don't suggest picking up.

Example:
I run around and go from being somewhat task-oriented to-WhereOnEarthDoIBeginThisIsImpossible 
followed by self-imploding,
then nothing.

Yes, as I said prior: chaos.

Ever finish a puzzle to find one piece is missing? 

You know that feeling of shear frustration that follows? I'm too familiar with it. 

BUT I'm working on it.

***
What I find humbling about these moments of frenzy in particular, though, is that when my thoughts are at their max volume in my head, they plug my ears and God's voice is muted, but every time this happens, realization hits, I stop suddenly, and am brought to my knees.
 I pray. 
I have to, for God whispers to me acting as a bullhorn to my thoughts, saying, "Hey, it's okay. Start here".
Then suddenly I am somewhat task-oriented again and I can breathe. 

The traffic clears, and I can cross the road that is my mind without having to play Frogger. 

Though, it's only after I've shut down my thoughts long enough, that I can hear God's direction. He's always there, ALWAYS. 
All I have to do is go to Him.