Tuesday, April 29, 2014

When Lightening Strikes

She has Jesus, I saw Him in her heart.
I have a hole; I felt it in mine.
***

The winds had really picked up speed. The wind howled through the bramble and treetops, bending some over, twisting some backward.
"Some weather," one said.
"I love a good, messy thunderstorm," said another.
"Good for sleeping," they both agreed.
***
"Target acquired," relayed the thunder to the lightening.
"Send me the coordinates," replied the lightening.
"Help!" cried the tallest thing in the field.
The crickets scratched their heads.
***
There was a wise man. He built his house on the rock.
There was a foolish man. He built his house on the sand.
The rains came, and you know how the rest of the story goes.
***
In the midst of the raging storm, men sleep. Why? Because apparently, safety is something you worry about after the wind has taken your house and left you the tallest thing in the field.
***
"Both were accounted for," the woman began.
"There was the man I saw, but didn't know, and the man I knew, but wouldn't see."

My conclusion after hearing all of the above today:

Jesus is both, until you let Him fill the hole in your heart. Don't wait until you're the tallest thing under an electric sky to safe-guard your being; give God your everything, let Him hold down the fort and shield you from the storm until morning comes.


For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor death, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:38-39