Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Call To Answer

walked past them, eyeing them; my subconscious took over and immediately, I was on defense.

"And I thought you were supposed to be Switzerland," my conscious whispered.

My subconscious argued back, (Don't worry...it happens frequently).
"They look rough...and see, they're smoking". My feet, siding with my subconscious, traveled away from them. 

Everyone of them looked worn out and heavily burdened. 
It was written all over their faces. 

"Do you not have something written on your heart?" came His inquiry.  
My pace quickened. 

Suddenly, the Great Controversy glow tract in my hand felt like a rock.  

Though perhaps...? No. 
Was my heart...becoming the rock? Surely not...

I rounded the corner, then, and found myself in a sea of people. I tried turning around, and I was about to go back, when the Worn Out and Heavily Burdened piled into an even rougher-looking car and drove away. 

"Megan..." His voice trailed off. 

Though I was almost half convinced I had begun to trail off....from listening. 

They were gone. And the glow tract no longer felt like a rock, but an anvil. 

My anvil to carry ...all the way home. 


Shame... That's what I felt.
Shame for holding back. 
Shame for keeping silent. 

And friends, that shame dissipated when I thought of His words, His words that speak for themselves, "That you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?" (Matthew 5:45, 46 NKJV).

I stopped dead in my tracks. 

Why have God's Word written on your heart, if you're never going to read it aloud? 

If not me, then who? 



"And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." (John 12:47 NKJV)  

Lord, 
rewrite my nature, secure your mission in me, renew my spirit and cleanse me of all that is not befitting of You. Make me a servant, humble and meek.
Amen.